So, heres the vacation wrap-up!
On day four we went to downtown Delray and walked up and down the strip. We went antique shopping (yes, I found SO many awesome historic things... and no, I didnt buy ANYTHING. Bummer) and ate lunch outdoors. W had an Arugula pizza... Im not sure he's such a fan. We may have finally found a pizza he DOESNT like. But it looked beautiful. We went to a fish market and bought some seafood and cooked it for dinner. I learned that I am officially a saltwater fish fan! I loved the tuna steak from day three and loved the swordfish on day four even more. SO GOOD! Apparently I was a photography slacker on day four, as well!
On day five I had a spa appointment (Thank you, livingsocial) at Anoo's Herbal Day Spa in Boca Raton. Amazing. So relaxing. Everything used there is organic and all natural. I had a facial, stone massage and pedicure and the lady even threw in an extra back treatment for free since she had a massage therapy student observing. Sold. W went and smoked some cigar's at a place called Joe's Cigar Bar and apparently made BFF's with the owner. After being lubed up and rubbed down and smoked up, we went and got seafood again and cooked dinner (see photo below). Our homecooked meals were the best meals the we had during vacation. I love seafood!
![]() |
| 05/04/2011 Scallops and Clam Dinner |
Our big plans for the day were to go see a minor league baseball game. We were going to see the Jupiter Hammerheads. It was thirsy Thursday ($2 drafts) and W didnt scroll down far anough to see that it was also EDUCATION day! Well, busloads of kids were there, so Thirsty Thursdays were called off. Plus, it was monsooning outside. Not the weather youd like to sit down and watch a baseball game in. So, we went to the beach instead. For some reason, it wasnt raining there. (Cue angels singing)
![]() |
| 05/05/2011 Boynton Beach Sunrise |
![]() |
| 05/05/2011 Boynton Beach |
![]() |
| 05/05/2011 Anniversary Cake |
We went out to eat at a pizza restaurant called Antonio's. No arugala there. It was coal fired pizza. Yum.
The last two days were spent sleeping in until 11, putting on a bathing suit, reading by the pool until 4 or 5 and getting food at little local places. We ate at a small pizza place that had GREAT sicilian pizza. I havent had brick oven pizza like that since I lived in Connecticut. I also totally slacked on the pictures since it was the lazy part of vacation. And likely how I gained 5 pounds. Maybe 6.
We got back to Arkansas and picked up our pugs. They were fat, too! I mean, F-A-T! So, Momma and the ladies are officially on a diet. Seriously! (Wink.)
Back to the DVR... next up... Ruby and Operation Repo! (Does ANYONE but me watch these shows?!)





No comments:
Post a Comment